March 31, 2011

God has planned this well


Jeffrey Ching Cruz & Karen Cate Dinglasan
December 16, 2009
Notre Dame de Vie Chapel
Victorian 1, Fernbrook Gardens,
Las Pinas City

As a wedding planner and events coordinator, I’ve always dreamed of something new for my own wedding… something beautiful, timeless, simple yet elegant. I wanted our wedding to be exactly the way we are for each other.

Jeff and I got engaged on April, 2009 and the wedding should have been December of the following year. Although we have been visiting Wedding Expos and exhibits as early as June, we were sticking to the plan of 2010 wedding until he asked me one day, “why not push through with the wedding this year, instead”?…and I thought, “yah, why not?”. Then, there it was, we have booked the church, reception venue and the caterer that we wanted. We were supposed to have a morning ceremony in a hilltop church and treat our guests to a sumptuous luncheon in a garden nearby.

 
We thought everything was okay already, the way we wanted it and the way God will allow it, until one day… for our food tasting with our caterer Juan Carlo, the Caterer Inc., we realized that God has a better plan for us. We instantly fell in love with the romantic garden venues of Fernbrook Gardens in Las Pinas, and didn’t leave the place until we have our reservations done.

My wedding gown was created by Junjun Cambe one week, (yes! 1week) before the wedding day and he has done great! Everything that I wanted for a wedding gown was given to me in a classy and a timeless manner. My entourage’s white fairy-like dresses were all creations of Ms. Bebot Leanillo that gave the same impression of elegance.

On our 3rd year anniversary as a couple, we were ready to tie our knots to forever, as I walked down the aisle of Notre Dame de Vie Chapel to the tune of “Crazy for this Girl” by Evan and Jaron. It felt like time has stood still for me and Jeff, I didn’t see my groom at first, but I saw every face of family and friends who were all teary-eyed, I could hear the music playing faintly as I held to my father’s arms, and then there, like magic, I saw my groom waiting for me at the end of the aisle. As my father gave my hand to Jeff, the lines that I’ve been wanting to whisper to him was sang “right now, face to face, all my fears, pushed aside, right now, I’m ready to spend the rest of my life…with you” and there was nothing else I wanted to say anymore but “I do”.


Our wedding was a success for us; we have achieved our goal to make it as intimate as possible, where all important people for us have made it regardless of the day (since it was a Wednesday). We have felt that our love for each other has been contagious to everyone who was there, for it felt like love was really in the air all though-out the night.

That night, we gave thanks to God, as always, for each other. For He has planned us to be together, no matter what happens… no Ondoy, and Dengue sickness could have stopped us from getting married on December 16, 2009. God has planned all this, very well for us.



 PHOTOGRAPHY by Ariel Javelosa













Jeff and KC’s Wedding Team: UGEC, Scenta Creations, Marry Me Bridal Jewelry, Junjun Cambe, Bebot Leanillo, Juan Carlo the Caterer Inc., Ariel Javelosa, Princess Delan’s Cakes and Pastries, Ana Quintos,